tel.: +420 724 462 734
Penzion Nad Lávkou is located in the centre of Uherský Brod, just a few metres from the train station, which is considered one of the most beautiful in the Czech Republic. After an extensive renovation of the historic building, which was completed in 2022, the guesthouse is part of a complex that includes the spacious café JAMAI CAFE and the modern Bistro Lávka.
The operation of the guesthouse falls under the company JAMAI CAFE s.r.o., which is situated in Uherský Brod. The company sells freshly roasted coffee, which it imports in its raw state from all over the world and then roasts. The main activity of the company is the sale of coffee beans to offices and companies. The coffee is also available in four Jamai cafés in the Zlín region and on the e-shop. Since the company's headquarters and its cafés are located in the Slovácko region, a region known for its traditions, folklore, dulcimer, slivovitz and premium wine, the company tries to support local traditions and tourism development.
The guesthouse is a suitable place to accommodate couples, business travellers, as well as holiday tourists. Within a few minutes walking distance you can reach the main square, the Jan Amos Komenský Museum, the House of Culture, the cinema or the Delfín Aquapark.
If you are looking for other experiences, there are hiking trails, cycling paths, beautiful nature, Slovak traditions, good wine and slivovitz in the surroundings!
The site of the guesthouse was once the site of the town walls and in 1900 a now historic house was built here. In that year it served as the family home of the then mayor of the town, Ignác Seichert. Although he came from western Bohemia and was a pharmacist by profession, he was also involved in politics and in 1897 became mayor of the town, in whose development he contributed greatly. He implemented, for example, the proposal to establish a town museum, initiated the reconstruction of the school in the upper square and the establishment of the town savings bank. At the end of his life he returned to western Bohemia.
As time passed, the house began to deteriorate and disappear before the eyes of the citizens. In 2020 the building began to be renovated, the original form of the house was preserved by the new owner.